Wednesday 17 June 2015

Meditation


Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart.
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.

Carl Jung

As I breathe in white light, I allow it to surround me, settle on me and in me
Gentle, like warm sea water, gradually submerging my body and my being
As the white light reaches my heart, it refracts like a crystal, beaming out around me
Bathing my immediate surroundings.

I allow love to settle, in my heart, in my skin, in my bones, in my brain and all organs
From my head to my feet, slowly moving down I radiate love as white light
On the inhale I move down from the head to toes
On the exhale I move up from toes to head, beaming loving energy

I give thanks for the blessings in my life
As I breathe in, I centre gratitude in my heart and the base of my spine
A wave of energy spinning around my torso
As I breathe out, the spinning energy is blown outwards,
Slowly resting on all around me like sunlit dust or snowflakes

In this state I am one with life itself, the Mystery that pervades everything
I cease to understand and open up to be, here, now with this open heart and feeling of love
Though beautiful things exist, I cease searching outwards
I feel the wholeness, completion and perfection of my own energy

I acknowledge it, like I would acknowledge the beautiful energy of a stranger
I allow the energy to settle, purified by the white light
I whisper thanks to it, that it has graced my life since birth
Illuminating my awareness since a baby.

As I bring this meditation/prayer to a close, I embrace the lifeforce within me
Pure, boundless, potent
I send out this energy to the people who I plan to come in contact with today
Sending it, gently bathing them. I see them touched by this energy, uplifted.
I give thank to life itself, and all the support I have, that makes this possible.

- Brendan Tapley

No comments: